2011 is coming to an end, and through it all I must admit its been a pretty darn good year for me. Here's a brief rundown of the past year both in my personal life as well as major stories.
- Got married
- My brother visits during a stopover at LAX
- HDBuzz-A Huntington's Disease (HD) news wire comes online
- James Bond composer John Barry dies
today's double feature-the late Stuart Adamson & Big Country
Big Country-"Big Country"
Big Country-"Fields of Fire"
- Joined Facebook and Twitter to expand my HD knowledge and support
- With support of my wife I underwent Genetic Testing for HD to discover my CAG count only to be told its in the range of Juvenile HD.
- My friend loses her mother to HD, I attend my first non-family HD funeral service
- After a lot of thought, I stop driving
R.E.M.- "Its The End of The World"
- I start this blog
- Arab Spring Revolutions - Governments fall in Tunisia, Egypt and Libya
- Operation Wall Street and other localized Occupy Protests
- Police tear gas non-threatening protest at UC Berkeley
- NYPD destroy the books in the Occupy Wall Street library
- I support Occupy Santa Barbara by donating protest materials, Occupy Wall Street by donating books
- Human League releases Credo, their first album in 10 years
The Human League-"Night People"
- Something about the Kindle is bringing back my ability to comprehend reading, a mental treasure I have missed.
- Our kitten celebrates her first birthday by becoming more playful
- MeekoDev and I see Paul Simon in concert-one of the best shows of our lives
- My wife and I start the process to have a HD gene-negative child
The Dream Academy-"Life in a Northern Town"
- Liz Taylor, Amy Winehouse, Anne Francis, Christopher Hitchens, Steve Jobs topped the list
- 565 troops killed in Iraq-46 of them from the UK
- An additional 46 UK troops were killed in Afghanistan
Quincy Jones ft. Amy Winehouse-"Its My Party"
See You in 2012