Wednesday 8 February 2012

Blasphemous Rumors

Depression 7
Anxiety 3

Johnny Cash-"God's Gonna Cut You Down"

Most of yesterday is a blur. A migraine set in and the pain was controlling me. I was constantly drinking coffee, which is why at 6 am I am still awake. 

Depeche Mode - "Blasphemous Rumors"


When I don't feel good there is something soothing in David Gahan's voice. Maybe it is just that it reminds my body of times when life was so much easier, I don't know, All I know is my body and mind react to it. This is by far my favourite song of Depeche Mode. How true I find the lyrics. Come on, God would have to be twisted to allow so many people get sick with diseases like Huntington's which kills by destroying one's sense of self.

I think that God has a sick sense of humour
And when I die I expect to find him laughing.

Yes I know its not the most popular view, but it is mine.

Hiem and Phil Oakey-"2AM"

I can't stop playing this great song. I blogged it last time, but here it is again. You can purchase the awesome 12" CD here. If you read this blog you probably know I don't generally listen to much current music but this song has been on repeat whenever my head let me listen to music.

Bryan Ferry-"Taxi"

Something about Bryan Ferry's voice is so calming when I'm having a day where my nerves are everywhere. I feel that type of day coming on. I'm so stressed and feel out of control. The coffee and HD are not always good partners. They play off each other if I drink too much, and I had over 8 coffee mugs full yesterday. 

Blondie-"Heart of Glass"

If you are looking for a great stereo recording, this isn't it. Its mono and limited in range. This actually gives this version a feel of vinyl which is how this song was recorded to sound. I love Debra Harry, she also has a lift-the-spirits vibe to her. 

Depression 5
Anxiety 3

Well, the sun is rising, its a brand new day. I'm going to go into with a positive attitude. Its important for me to do that when possible. Its one of the few things I have control  over. Music is so very important to maintaining this attitude. 

Juice Newton-"Angel in The Morning"

G'Morning from Sunny California

Catch Paul Ware on Facebook or Twitter. I can also be reached via email (delete no spam) but much prefer the Facebook message option. The comments section is fine too.

Want to know when the next blog is coming out or recommend it to a friend? There is an easy Facebook page for that now.


No comments:

Post a Comment