Tuesday 28 February 2012

Grand Rounds

First, I need make an apology. This entry was due to be published on the 28 February 2012. Due to technological and physical circumstances (I had finished publishing it on my phone driving down to Los Angeles) it was incorrectly saved as a draft. Another kind member alerted me to this fact and I now have the laptop to currently publish this.

Without much notice another terminally ill friend of mine had been hospitalized without knowledge. His wife and my family tracked him down and he is now with all of us as he finishes his life journey.

So off to Ground Rounds it is. I must admit I didn't expect to be reediting it with two six year old twins and my best friend all cramped into a bed, but whatever works, right?

There were so many good choices this week I'm going to start with this gem that came  across my twitter.

The Kinks-"Lola"
Note, this song was chosen because it is actually a favourite of the my female friend described below.

Gender Identity is not a Disorder by Philip Hickey, Ph.D. 

"The problem with gender identity disorder is that it makes no distinction between the child who expresses a yearning to be of the opposite gender simply because these kinds of utterances have been reinforced, and the child who has perhaps some genuine biological anomaly.  As with all DSM “diagnoses,” if you emit the behavior, you’ve got the illness.  And of course if you’ve got the illness, then you need to be treated!"


I chooce this piece because I do have a friend who had sexual reassignment surgery. He went from a very unhappy man to a very productive female member of society. Hickey does bring up important fact though about when it becomes a disorder for small children to begin hormone and other medical treatment. I highly recommend this thought provoking piece. 




U2 ft. Johnny Cash -"The Wanderer"


This next article from Colorado Health Insurance Insider is very interesting on many fronts. This program promised many good things, but as the article mentions 


"the Colorado health benefits exchange “…will not be connected to the long-troubled Colorado Benefits Management System, which handles food assistance and Medicaid.”  I’m not sure what ” not connected” means here… whether the exchange will provide no enrollment material for people who qualify for public assistance, or whether some other program will stand in for the Colorado Benefits Management System in order to make the exchange interoperable (or integrated) with Colorado’s public benefits programs."


I know that this is a case I will be following closely and thank Louise and The Colorado Insurance Insider for bringing it to my attention.


Having had to personally experience as a client of both well run as well as broken down benefit services this may be the deal breaker in the Colorado program. In addition if it is another agency will it stand in the way making it harder for those  in need to get the help and benefits by having to visit another agency?


On one final note, some of you may be aware February 29 is Rare Gene Disease Day. My disorder, Huntington's Disease is covered under this umbrella. If you would like to know more, at the top of my blog banner is a link that will share a bit more information. 


Again, thank everyone at Grand Rounds for allowing me this opportunity as well as understanding during this stressful time in my life.


Depeche Mode-"Blasphemous Rumours (live)"

3 comments:

  1. Does anyone still doubt natural herbs? I have seen the great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful work they have done in people's lives. I wonder why people still spend their money on English medicine when natural herbs can cure all kinds of mental diseases. I have seen it with my own eyes. My dad and aunt were cured from Huntington disease with Dr Bharet herbal medicine. He used BUJA herbal medicine to cure my dad and aunt from Huntington disease, I know it is hard to believe but am a living testimony. My dad was diagnosed with Huntington's disease in 2016, we have made use of all western medication yet no improvement and his doctors said there is no cure yet but still carrying out research, my dad experienced depression, anxiety and memory lapses that made him hallucinate always, he speaks to himself often and that made me shed tears each night that passes by. 2019 I searched through the internet for a solution and i came across a comment on a blog written by [George Lisa] saying she was cured of Huntington disease that she suffered from for 8years. Without wasting time I quickly contacted Dr Bharat whose name was mentioned in the comment Via his email. He asked me questions which I answered correctly he sent his herbal medicine to us here in Ireland through DHL, in less than one month I started seeing positive improvement on my Dad's health so I introduced the medication to my aunt as well, is been 4 years now, my dad and aunt are living their best life again. Though i gave the medication as i was instructed. My dad and aunt are Huntington disease negative after the medication, Huntington disease is completely gone from my family lineage. With Bharat herbal medicine called BUJA Huntington patients can smile again. For those with Huntington disease or having their love ones diagnosed with Huntington's disease contact Dr Bharat now via dr.bharatkings@gmail.com you will come back to testify

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read carefully, it's said that Huntington disease has no cure, yes with the western medication but not with herbal medicine, my daughter's situation made me to realize that with doctor Bharat herbal medicine it can be cured. In 2014 she experienced difficulty in concentrating, memory lapses and depression, at first I taught it was stressed from her place of work until I took her to hospital and the doctor made me to understand that it's juvenile Huntington disease because she is still in her late 20s, which she inherited from my late husband that died of the same disease, the doctor told me it has no cure, but gave her some medicine which I noticed that it has side effects, my daughter situation got worst each day that passes, she was the best at her place of work, now a shadow of her self because of this deadly disease, she speaks to herself often, she was really going insane, I do not want to lose my daughter the same way I lost her father, in 2018 I carried out research on internet and bumped into a comment of a lady that got cured of Huntington disease, without wasting time I contacted doctor Bharat whose name was mentioned in the comment, now is been 3 years my daughter is living her best life again, for those that have the disease or have any love one suffering from Huntington disease, contact doctor Bharat via dr.bharatkings@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister had severe Muscle problems, abnormal eye movements, Difficulty with the physical production of speech, memory lapses. she was placed on tranquilizers 3 times daily, it helped her but not very much. Her neurologist advised us to try natural treatments and introduced me to Natural Organic Herbs, {Huntington disease Herbal formula}, I visited his blogs and read a lot of positive reviews from other patients who used the treatment and made my orders. We immediately started on the treatment for my sister. she had great improvement and relief with this treatment, total decline of symptoms. All her symptoms left and she has been reserved from Huntington Disease. Great improvement with speech, co-ordination, balance, muscle, mood etc, I gained back my life with this herbal treatment and can never be thankful enough. Visit Natural Organic Herbs, reach him directly via {dr.bharatkings@gmail.com}. She's now living like a normal person without any symptoms of Huntington Disease. All thanks to Dr. Bharat

      Delete