Thursday 1 December 2011

Calm after the storm

Getting tired. Very very tired. It feels like that all the time lately and its probably very true. I have been doing a lot of things that a month ago I wasn't doing. I was just laying in bed, reading my little live away. Now, yawn, yawn, I'm actually doing something. Granted it might not be a lot but it is deferentially something more than what I have been doing in the past.


Kraftwerk-"The Robots"


I'm yawning myself to sleep here. Don't have it in me to keep going but I do.  Jane finally got on my case yesterday when she came home and I was still typing away on my telephone at the dinner table (not during meal time, mind you). She was asking if I was on Facebook. I wasn't, I was on Twitter but no need to mince words. I denied that I was on Facebook. I wasn't. I was on Twitter.


The Beatles-"Baby's in Black"


Twitter was actually not my vice until a few months ago.  I rarely used the computer outside of gaming. I never used the internet for much of anything outside of looking for a library book for someone else. There was no need for me to have a Facebook account. I did have one that I promptly lost over three years ago. I opened it about the same time as I had a MySpace account. No use for that either. Now I am so addicted to twitter that I can't go without my Droid. Never mind that I have four Twitter Apps for it now, only one that I use on a regular basis. It was okay for me to use Twitter because it was only short 140 character messages. No harm, no foul. 


The Beatles-:"Baby's in Black"


Now I have someone crying "Foul" and I need to know what to do with it. I can admit she's right, I have been a little compulsive lately. That is true, and so I'm not lying. She'll probably be glad to know I'm listening to her and acknowledged her opinion instead of barking down at her lately. With the high level of stress in our house, I don't need to contribute by adding more fuel to the fire. The home life is finally calmed down after the storm that was October and now we've in the anticipation of the Holidays. Take it easy Paul, and keep the household calm. We don't need to start any storms here. 


Flock of Seagulls-"Space Age Love Song"

Its really nice that things are going more smoothly. I must admit I don't know what to do with it though. I'm used to dealing with ten little storms a day. I feel like I did when I first started this blog and that is living day by day in a calm manner. Its nice to be there again.

Modern English-"I Melt With You"

One last thing. We were talking about the wedding and it looks like the Botanic Gardens is the venue. Its beautiful and I'm looking forward to it. That is the key. We want a ceremony we remember as nice and calm, not something we need to look at pictures of to think "We really looked happy that day." That's crap. Its not about how we looked. Its a day for us to enjoy and have fond memories of, its not a ceremony for us to put on, like a play, to please the other people there. 

Camera Obscura-"French Navy"

Hope you also had a nice day!

Catch Paul Ware on Facebook or Twitter. I can also be reached via email (delete no spam) but much prefer the Facebook message option.

No comments:

Post a Comment