Friday 6 January 2012

Good Mornin'

Its 4:30 a.m. and for the life of me I can't sleep. It isn't helping matters that my wife will be under a general anesthetic in less than three hours for her egg retrieval and I'll be having a local right after so they can needle me to get around the fact I had a vasectomy. 



Add  that I'm sleeping in the living room to keep my wife away from my cold  and you are hearing from a very cranky Paul.



The Human League-"Don't You Want Me" (unmix)

I made my own name for this odd song as the main song is the demo for DYWM. It was recorded before the girls joined. Then suddenly you hear Susan's voice in her verse only to cut back to Oakey's voice as it appeared in the single, with the girls in the chorus. I don't know what to make of this but a couple thoughts come to mind. First, thank god for Martin Rushent or we'd have Crap instead of Dare and second, this fan actually makes a reasonable remix.

Pet Shop Boys-"Always On My Mind"

That was a very 80's cover. I love Joss Ackland in the back seat. He plays the part so well. Then of course you have the strong Fairlight CMI in this song. I'm rare but I was never a big fan of the CMI compared to Synclavier. Here it does exactly what is needed.


Its OMD for the double feature this morning
Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - "So in Love"

I'm in a serious OMD mood lately. Sometimes they just have this synthpop sound that also calms my nerves.

Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark-"Enola Gay"



I like the Fine Young Cannibals, and their cover of this Elvis song won't disappoint. He's not an easy act to follow either.


There was one copy on YouTube, and it wouldn't embed. I downloaded and the uploaded with permissions to embed so you can hear it. Enjoy!


Fine Young Cannibals-"Suspicious Mind"

I'm starting to get tired. I hope to get a few winks tonight. I just checked on Jane and she's sleeping like a baby. I'm sending this next song to her. In fact, I actually reprogrammed her alarm to play this in the morning. I want her to know I realize how special I feel about the PGD/IVF process.


Thompson Twins-"You Take Me Up"
Should I ask you to dance? (dance boy, dance boy)
If I promise romance would you come for the ride?
I know what it means to work hard on machines
Do you believe in love, one that lasts for all time?...
You take me up, (oh hoh)
You take me up to the higher ground
You take me up so high
Now I never want to come back down

I'm finally getting tired. Its time to put on my dancing shoes and dance my way out of here...

Dead or Alive-"Lover Come Back to Me (extended version)"

Before I forget the HDA (the UK equivalent to HDSA) is now on Twitter. They asked me to spread the word so I am. Please do the same. They are really good people that do a lot for both HD folks and their caregivers.

Good Morning to you!



Catch Paul Ware on Facebook or Twitter. I can also be reached via email (delete no spam) but much prefer the Facebook message option. The comments section is fine too.


No comments:

Post a Comment