Tuesday 3 January 2012

Relax

Again I was up all night. There is no one to blame but myself. I wanted to stay up reading on my Kindle. Now that I can read again I'm behaving as it can get snatched away again. Because it will. That's just one of the many abilities I will lose as my Huntington's disease progresses. As it is now, my comprehension is like a child with ADHD, I am very easily distracted. This is because my mind can no longer concentrate on more than one thing at a time. I  used  to multitask so this is very frustrating. 


A Flock of Seagulls-"And I Run"

I have some very exciting news. There will be a guest blogger over the weekend. Its someone who I read on a constant basis so I'm looking forward to reading the piece.

Today's Double Feature-Frankie
Frankie Goes To Hollywood-"Two Tribes"

I love this video because it captures the feeling of the time so well. I remember the fear that our ally the United States would get nuked by Russia. In this video you see the two leaders fighting it out in a wrestling ring.


Frankie Goes to Hollywood-"Relax"

There are four videos to this song, and those are just the ones I know of. Several of them were banned by various stations, so they finally released a  video where Holly Johnson is simply singing with a generic background. Another featured the Brian DePalma movie Body Double. The banned versions had references to sex, as if this song wasn't explicit enough. When this was popular there was a fad to wear t-shirts that stated "Relax" on them. I owned one, but you would be surprised at how many people wore them and didn't realize the song was about sex. 



This morning I drank another cup of eggnog out of the cartoon. A neighbour had an extra carton and had dropped it by on New Years. Egg Nog is loaded with calories so I use it to supplement my meals. All the fat makes the sugar calories stick. Its also nice to drink because its naturally thick so I don't have to worry as much about it going down the wrong way.

Gary Numan-"Cars"

I received the results of my swallow test this morning. It isn't good. Food is leaking into my lungs. I am going to have to adjust my whole eating style and start thickening my liquids. I have an appointment with a therapist to help me learn to eat properly next week. Its scary stuff and sometimes I feel like my HD is attacking me from the inside out like a nasty  parasite.  

Sometimes I wish my HD would go on a holiday. It would be nice to live a carefree life for a few days, instead of being worried about my actions and thoughts. I don't see it happening though.

Catch Paul Ware on Facebook or Twitter. I can also be reached via email (delete no spam) but much prefer the Facebook message option. The comments section is fine too.

No comments:

Post a Comment