Tuesday 18 October 2011

People are People so...

Mood 5.0
Songs a bit heavy but so is my mood. Woke up with serious anxiety again today. Took some of my anxiety medication and waiting now for it to work. I know what is causing the anxiety so that is a good first step to dealing with it.


Here's the old classic from the Pet Shop Boys.
How their music has matured over the years.
Then again, so has London.

Someday I'd like to take a car and drive through the states. I was speaking recently with a man who had done just that. It sounded so fun. With my anxiety, if I got too upset I could just lock up inside the car (misuse of the verb to go, I know). It works, just ask Gary Numan.

 Here in my car  
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

One of the reason's I'm so upset is I let a certain family member bully me around. To cut to the chase this person gets away with all sorts of crap because he's seen as "the healthy one." Without an HD parent everyone always knew he was "safe" to love. They knew if they got attached to him he wouldn't up and kick the bucket. So for years he gets away with all sorts of things. Since  he's my age I've always been a good target for him.

Today he posted something anti-Operation Wall Street on his Facebook with the reason of upsetting me (and wrote as much too.) . He knows I'm supporting the local Operation Occupy here to the point of bringing supplies to them. 

Well, I've given the bastard too much ink already. 

A very old music "video" 
Thank you Mary. Between my cup of coffee, Xanax and you my mood has jumped over 6 to a 6.5.
Lets try to move it bit higher before I leave to run errands, shall we?

I was listening to Iggy Pop's version of this song the other
day and it was radically different. 
For its day, this video was (and still is obviously)
extremely racist but this song is so f'cking good.
.
On another note, its really funny that I hadn't heard the Beatles Baby You're a Rich Man for many years, but after playing it a few days ago I now can't go a day without playing it. So here's an encore.

You keep all your money in a big brown bag
Inside a zoo.
What a thing to do.

Depeche Mode People are People
Very experimental for its time, this song uses an sampling synthesizer to obtain different sounds from the world around them. You can hear it clearly in the beginning of the song which is matched brilliantly with the video in my opinion. This was covered in Synth Britannia.

The message from this song is really important. Whether it be a person who is homosexual to a person of a different race or style of dress or with diseases like Huntington's or AIDS  "I can't understand what makes a man hate another man, help me understand".

Eternal by Technikal
Hard trance is right. You'll either love it or hate it but nothing in between.

I had to refrain from replying to a comment that stated: "why does all techno music keep the same beat throughout the entire song...." with this answer "Why does pop music keep the same beat through out the song? (See Baby You''re a Rich Man and People are People for examples")

This early afternoon I'm leaving you with Paul Simon and Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard

This is probably the most fun video I've seen in a long time.
Its really hard to stay down when watching this one.

And Paul Simon brings my mood up to a 7! Alright, time to go run errands. See you tomorrow.

Catch Paul Ware on Facebook or Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment