Monday 14 November 2011

Bond, James Bond


Good to see you today. I took a break yesterday. Its important for me to keep everything in perspective, and if I'm tired and really don't want to blog, then I give myself the day off and have a good lazy Sunday.

Also, the dinner Saturday went really well. Good food and good company. We both needed it. Sometimes its just important to get away from everything. This weekend was a wonderful quiet two days away from all the stresses in both of our lives. I say two because I convinced her to take a four day weekend.


Tommy James and The Shondells-"I Think We're Alone Now"

It turns out that J is having a terrible time at work. The person who is between her and her boss is being a complete ass.

I knew things were bad, but I didn't know how bad.

She's in middle management, and with her employer for longer than I've known her. This is making the whole thing that more stressful. She's been there for years, and the benefit package is hard to beat.


The Carpenters-"Rainy Days and Mondays"

This is one of those Mondays where I had to drag myself out of bed. It took five cups of coffee just to keep me from yawning.

Our double feature today-The brilliant all women's group, The Bangles

Maniac Monday

This song brings back many good memories. When I was working, I would actually put this song on my turntable to wake me up as I'd be getting dressed and downing my breakfast. 

Oh Whey Oh
"Walk Like an Egyptian"

On to new and better things. Yesterday, after a hiatus away, I logged into the James Bond forum where I post. Imagine my wonderful shock to discover that they are now filming "Skyfall", the next film in the decades old series. 


One of the best Opening Title sequences. The visuals went so well with the song.
Paul McCartney & Wings-"Live and Let Die"

I feel like a little boy on Christmas Morning. I love James Bond films that much. I seen them all multiple times, including the dreaded Bronson era (GoldenEye was the only good film, no fault of Pierce.)

Tina Turner sings Bono's "GoldenEye"

I'm just getting shivers of excitement just watching this opening sequence. Now that I'm  home from the bank and store I'm watching the film again. Its a nice reward for all those chores.

While its on I'm cooking a surprise meal for J. I called her best friend who just happened to "find" a free movie coupon after I called her on the sly. While J's gone, I'm making a nice dinner for her to come home to. 

Its important to me that she knows I heard how hard work is and that I feel its time for me step up to the plate to make her life easier during all of this.


U2-"With or Without You"


I got a call from @Meekdev tonight. She let me know her mother, Penny, had an outstanding credit at the comic store. Penny was an avid Archie fan,  in fact it was directly because of her I discovered the "Gen X/Yuppie" adult oriented Archie comic title "Archie Got Married." Discovered and addicted to this title, I might add.

Anyway, Meeks called me today and told me to begin expecting Archie Got Married  in my mailbox for the next year. She said that's what her Mum would have wanted. Meekodev, by the way, is also an avid comic reader. She is a Marvel fan.

The reason I am naming Meeko by name is that I want to publicly thank her (I told her *make that threatened* I would).

I've always thought of  Penny when I read an Archie Gets Married. Now I have an additional reason to do so. Thanks my friend Meek for being in my life. We need more of you in this world.

This one is going out to you, my friend. I hope you find the Archie of your dreams instead of your Jughead ;-)

I owe you a ticket to Skyfall. Until then, I'll take that virgin martini shaken not stirred.


The Archies-"Sugar, Sugar"
G'nite folks!

Paul

Catch Paul Ware on Facebook or Twitter. I can also be reached via email (delete no spam) but much prefer the Facebook message option.

No comments:

Post a Comment