Sunday 20 November 2011

The talk

I'm writing this blog without any music because of the subject matter. It just doesn't lend itself to that format.


After making plans with Jane to go out and look for her engagement ring I sat down with her and opened the conversation up about my health.


Lets be honest here, she's not going off to marry the healthiest man on the block. In fact, according to most statistics she's likely to be available again in ten to twelve years. I wanted to make sure she fully understood the ramifications of this situation. She then proceeded to accuse me of projecting my feelings onto her. Maybe I was, but I'm also concerned that she understands the ramifications of Huntington's Disease. I saw what it did to my mother, Jane didn't.


This conversation nearly turned into our first fight since we became engaged. I finally figured out why. I realized that I'm telling her how to think. I wouldn't like it if someone told me how I should feel either. So I apologized, and she asked for some literature. I thought I'd share it here.


First is this video. It by far is the best educational piece on Huntington's Disease.






As I come across more pieces I will place them here.


If you know of something that should be included on this list, leave it in the comments and I'll take a look. Thanks!


Catch Paul Ware on Facebook or Twitter. I can also be reached via email (delete no spam) but much prefer the Facebook message option.

No comments:

Post a Comment