Tuesday 8 November 2011

Emotional Flatline...

I woke up late today after almost ten hours of sleep. I don't know if I'm going to need that coffee but I'm making it anyway. 

I want a T-Shirt that says "My emotions aren't working today. Thank you very much :)" I hate this but its happening more frequently. My emotions aren't in conjunction with my thoughts, it drives me crazy. I want to cry. I can type it, if I say this its in a monotone voice because 1+1=5 Why do I want to cry? Damned if I can tell you.

Before the days of Music Videos but love this audio. 
Diana Ross-"Upside Down"

Chaka Khan-"I feel for you"
This woman was born and raised in the infamous Chicago Projects Cabrini-Green. She went on to win 10 Grammy Awards and is still going strong today.

Philip Oakey & Giorgio Moroder - "Be My Lover Now"

Very interesting remix of Irene Cara's "Flashdance Theme" by Giogio Moroder.
Personally I think this really captures his feel. If you don't like this he's probably not for you.

I just texted my gf, who is concerned I haven't been leaving the house enough, "Today is one of those days I feel autistic." I wonder if she'll understand what I mean.

Sting-"Children's Crusade"-Warning-violence

I just got a text back "You can always go to the Post Office."  I hate when she 'get's me'. I'm supposed to be a stranger to her as well as to me. Instead, she finds errands that need to be done that require little emotional attachment!


Doing a little better, I think I'm going to try a late lunch before I leave for the Post Office. Feeling a little better on the emotional scale but generally feel crappy. I come back in from the bathroom mirror (my lip looks like I bit it in my sleep last night) and sit down. My leg starts jumping out of nowhere. It can stop now. Thank you.

Van Halen-"Jump"



Styx-"Mr. Roboto"
Did Styx know they were making crap when they made that last album "Kilroy Was Here"? I'm serious. The whole concept behind the story was bull. They wanted to sell to the emerging Electronic music market is what they were thinking with this album.

This gem fell through the floor when I was picking out Joel tunes as did the next one.
Billy Joel-"Allentown"

Billy Joel sings a very American "We Didn't Start the Fire"

The Kinks (TOTP)-"Lola"

Its not Monty Python
Jim Carey On Living Color does Vanilla Ice




he thought the most embarassing thing he would ever do was dress up like this and rap.... 
and then he starred in The Happening
Marky Mark and The Funky Bunch-"Good Vibrations"


Well, I've tried to find an emotional base today to feel something and at times I've succeeded for a little while, in terms of minutes. Its better than nothing however, and I'm glad I tried.

Catch Paul Ware on Facebook or Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment